- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and guacamole
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter; place buttered side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Quesadillas
"Delicious And easy to make. kids loved them and adults loved them!"
"Nice simple quesadilla recipe, easy to play with if you want to change it up."
"I used the Mexican 4 cheese shredded cheese blend instead. I also needed to add a little more salsa, 1 ounce water, and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, because the mixture was so dry.5 stars for this one. They came out beautiful, and very tasty.This will be a regular for me. I think I'll make up a big pan of the chicken mixture, and freeze portions.Then this will be a super quick and easy meal."
"made this for my 3 adult men and they loved this it was a hit and easy to make"
"This was pretty tasty! My husband and 4 year old gobbled it up without a fuss. I didn't add extra salsa, it wasn't necessary because I didn't want soggy quesadillas but I did add some cumin. Instead of making six halfed quesadillas I did three whole ones and just cut them in slices afterwards, much easier and less mess! Next time I might experiment with green salsa."
"Very good recipe. I added 1 small can of green chiles (undrained) to the chicken thighs because they seemed a little dry. I spread a layer of refried beans on half of each tortilla before adding the chicken mixture. It tasted a bit bland, so next time I might add some jalapenos. Spreading a very thin smear of butter on the outside of each tortilla seemed easier than brushing on melted butter. This will become a regular dinner recipe for us. Most of this can be prepared in advance, so it makes for a very quick dinner."
"This recipe is perfect for using left over chicken. It' something a little different for those nights you don't know what to fix. I like the crunchy outside. It's especially good with the sour cream."