- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and guacamole
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter; place buttered side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Quesadillas
"Nice simple quesadilla recipe, easy to play with if you want to change it up."
"I used the Mexican 4 cheese shredded cheese blend instead. I also needed to add a little more salsa, 1 ounce water, and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, because the mixture was so dry.5 stars for this one. They came out beautiful, and very tasty.This will be a regular for me. I think I'll make up a big pan of the chicken mixture, and freeze portions.Then this will be a super quick and easy meal."
"made this for my 3 adult men and they loved this it was a hit and easy to make"
"This was pretty tasty! My husband and 4 year old gobbled it up without a fuss. I didn't add extra salsa, it wasn't necessary because I didn't want soggy quesadillas but I did add some cumin. Instead of making six halfed quesadillas I did three whole ones and just cut them in slices afterwards, much easier and less mess! Next time I might experiment with green salsa."
"Very good recipe. I added 1 small can of green chiles (undrained) to the chicken thighs because they seemed a little dry. I spread a layer of refried beans on half of each tortilla before adding the chicken mixture. It tasted a bit bland, so next time I might add some jalapenos. Spreading a very thin smear of butter on the outside of each tortilla seemed easier than brushing on melted butter. This will become a regular dinner recipe for us. Most of this can be prepared in advance, so it makes for a very quick dinner."
"This recipe is perfect for using left over chicken. It' something a little different for those nights you don't know what to fix. I like the crunchy outside. It's especially good with the sour cream."
"My family LOVES this recipe! I have made it a bunch of times. My only suggestion to save time would be to simply spread a thin layer of softened butter with a knife on the tortillas -same result with less mess."
"This is a family favorite and one of our go-to meals on a busy weeknight. We add a lot more salsa to our chicken mixture to add more flavor. Great recipe!"
"I tried this recipe and we liked it. The crispy tortillas really added alot"