Wrapped in bacon, these cute chicken bites can be served with your favorite dipping sauce. "I made up this recipe using a few food items that were on hand," explains Charlene Crump from Montgomery, Alabama. "It was an immediate hit!"
25-30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup ground fully cooked ham
- 25 to 30 cubed cheddar cheese (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; cut into 1-1/2-in. strips.
- Spread each with 1 teaspoon ham. Place a cheese cube on the end of
- each strip; roll up. Cut each slice of bacon in half widthwise. Wrap
- each around chicken roll-up; secure each with a toothpick.
- In a large skillet, cook roll-ups in oil until bacon is crispy, about
- 10 minutes. Add the broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until chicken juices run
- clear. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 25-30 appetizers.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.