- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup ground fully cooked ham
- 25 to 30 cubed cheddar cheese (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; cut into 1-1/2-in. strips. Spread each with 1 teaspoon ham. Place a cheese cube on the end of each strip; roll up. Cut each slice of bacon in half widthwise. Wrap each around chicken roll-up; secure each with a toothpick.
- In a large skillet, cook roll-ups in oil until bacon is crispy, about 10 minutes. Add the broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 25-30 appetizers.
Reviews forChicken Poppers
"I fixed this for my annual staff Christmas party and everyone raved about them. All requested recipe. They do take some time to assemble (I did the day before) but are well worth it."