Chicken in Puff Pastry
You’ll never believe a dish this scrumptious, comforting and impressive-looking could be made with just five ingredients! It offers such an easy way to entertain friends. —Gina Hobbs, Tifton, Georgia
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup spreadable spinach and artichoke cream cheese
- 4 slices Muenster cheese, halved
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; set aside. On a lightly
- floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 14-in. square. Cut into
- four squares.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons cream cheese into the center of each square; top
- with Muenster cheese and chicken.
- Whisk egg and water; lightly brush over edges. Bring opposite corners
- of pastry over each bundle; pinch seams to seal. Place seam side
- down on a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining egg mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 pastry equals 496 calories, 30 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium,