- 4 chicken tenderloins
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup spinach and artichoke cream cheese spread
- 4 slices Muenster cheese, halved
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 14-in. square. Cut into four squares. Spoon 2 tablespoons cream cheese into the center of each square; top with Muenster cheese and chicken.
- Whisk egg and water; lightly brush over edges. Bring opposite corners of pastry over each bundle; pinch seams to seal. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken in Puff Pastry
"Lovely, simple recipe that 8s totally good for company!"
"I haven't made this yet...do you cook the chicken first or put it in raw?"
"We loved this recipe! As with some of the others, I changed the filling a bit. I had some spinach dip in the fridge, so for the filling, I stirred some spinach dip into cream cheese. The crunch from the waterchestnuts in the spinach dip really gave the bundles a great texture, which was a hit with my friends. This recipe is a definite keeper that is so easy to change up, depending on what you have in your fridge."
"question? are chicken tenderloins the same as maybe cut up breasts? and can you use crescent rolls instead of puff pastry? and who makes the spinach and artichoke cream cheese spread?"
"We love these! Have made them several times. I use different cream cheeses sometimes, but they are always very yummy!"
"i made these for some girlfriends for lunch and they all loved them, I could not find the spinach and artichoke cream cheese, so i used a spinach and artichoke garlic alfredo spread that i found in the frozen food section"
"This is my favorite card in the recipe box! I lost it and went crazy searching for it online until I found it. You should definately try it."