Chicken French Bread Pizza Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1. Cut bread in half lengthwise, then in half widthwise. In a small bowl, combine the butter, cheeses, garlic and Italian seasoning; spread over bread. Top with the remaining ingredients. Place on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into smaller pieces if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 741 calories, 38 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 1,548 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken French Bread Pizza
"My husband and I love this recipe. The only change I make is I use tomatoes instead of the sweet red peppers."
"Love it eat as a meal, and heats up well if there is any leftovers"
"Very good....I didn't have any french bread but wholegrain bread was also delicious:)"
"My husband and I love this recipe. We have made it many times. We add extra veggies and instead of canned chicken we use ready-to-eat grilled chicken strips that we shred. Great recipe !!"
"I must have made this pizza a million times! It is quick, easy and yummy! My boyfriend practically begs me to make it at least once a month. You can play around with the ingredients -throw whatever you like on there!"
"This recipe rocks! As casum stated, it is very easy to make and the flavor is extremely yummy! Now that football season is here, it will be great to make for Sunday afternoon football gatherings! To cut back on the fat, I used reduced fat cheddar and Smart Balance 50/50 Butter Blend. This recipe is a definite keeper!"
"Love Love Love this dish. This is so easy to make and SO YUMMY!Thank you. This will deff. be a main stay recipe in my kitchen!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.