- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Cut bread in half lengthwise, then in half widthwise. In a small bowl, combine the butter, cheeses, garlic and Italian seasoning; spread over bread. Top with the remaining ingredients. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into smaller pieces if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken French Bread Pizza
"Tried this today & made a few changes. Because the chicken is bland, sprinkle lightly, after placing it on the bread, with Lawry's seasoned Salt - 25% less sodium. Added a 4oz. can of sliced mushrooms, well drained; fresh tomatoes, skins removed & diced small & drained well; use than a 1/2 cup diced GREEN pepper instead of red pepper for another color; another layer add on top, the shredded mozzarella cheese, which then holds all of the toppings in place with the melted cheese, very helpful & then lightly sprinkled with dry Italian Seasonings or dried parsley flakes,, for more color, than bake. I liked it a lot but pickey husband did not like the chicken & would rather have had ham, or some other kind of meat."
"My husband and I love this recipe. The only change I make is I use tomatoes instead of the sweet red peppers."
"Love it eat as a meal, and heats up well if there is any leftovers"
"This recipe rocks! As casum stated, it is very easy to make and the flavor is extremely yummy! Now that football season is here, it will be great to make for Sunday afternoon football gatherings! To cut back on the fat, I used reduced fat cheddar and Smart Balance 50/50 Butter Blend. This recipe is a definite keeper!"
"Love Love Love this dish. This is so easy to make and SO YUMMY!Thank you. This will deff. be a main stay recipe in my kitchen!"