Chicken Crescent Amandine Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss or American cheese
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In large saucepan, combine the soup, Miracle Whip, sour cream and onion. Stir in the chicken, water chestnuts, mushrooms and celery; cook over medium heat until mixture is hot and bubbly.
- 2. Pour into ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Unroll crescent dough and separate into two rectangles, trimming to fit dish. Place dough rectangles over hot chicken mixture. Combine cheese and almonds; sprinkle over the dough. Drizzle with butter.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is a deep golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 528 calories, 38 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 778 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.