- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 3 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) crescent dinner rolls
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss or American cheese
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In large saucepan, combine soup, mayonnaise, sour cream and onion. Stir in chicken, water chestnuts, mushrooms and celery; cook over medium heat until mixture is hot and bubbly. Pour into ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Unroll crescent dough and separate into two rectangles, trimming to fit dish. Place dough rectangles over hot chicken mixture. Combine cheese and almonds; sprinkle over the cough. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is a deep golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forChicken Crescent Amandine
"This was just ok. Really liked the crescent roll top with the cheese and almonds. The chicken gravy thing not so much. I used light sour cream and light miracle whip and it still managed to be EXTREMELY thick and heavy feeling. We felt very tired and slightly ill after consumption and we're not ones to have a sensitive stomach. If you're looking for a very heavy, very fattening casserole this is probably it. If you're looking for something that's a healthier casserole I would definitely try something else."
"Nice meal on a cool fall night. I used reduced-fat everything except for the Swiss cheese with delicious results."