Chicken Confetti Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Remove chicken and set aside.
- 2. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Add onion; cook until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, sauce, paste, basil and remaining salt; bring to a boil.
- 3. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or juices run clear. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (8 ounces) equals 393 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 752 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.