Chicken Confetti hearty and delicious with a fresh-tasting sauce. "Before our children grew up and started out on their own, this was a real favorite around our house," relates Sundra Lewis of Bogulusa, Louisiana, who shares the recipe.
Recommended: Speedy Skillet Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Remove chicken and set aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet; add onion and garlic. Saute until tender. Add tomatoes, sauce, paste, basil and remaining salt; bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until meat is tender Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Confetti in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p17