Chicken Bow Tie Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. Cool completely. For dressing, combine the chilies, lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, sugar and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl; stir well.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, tomatoes, onion and cilantro. Add dressing and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 294 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Bow Tie Salad
"quick, easy and delic."