"I first prepared this pasta salad for a family picnic at a national park and everyone really enjoyed it. I'm sure Mother Nature helped make that meal so memorable, but I still find myself serving this often during the summer," writes Pam Guerin of Skowhegan, Maine. A zippy dressing lightly coats the tossed mixture of pasta, chicken, tomato and onion.
Recommended: Top 10 Pasta Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. Cool completely. For dressing, combine the chilies, lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, sugar and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl; stir well.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, tomatoes, onion and cilantro. Add dressing and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Bow Tie Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p57