Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine rice and water. In a large bowl, combine the soups, soup mix and peas; stir into rice mixture. Spread over chicken.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with parsley. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 358 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 1,080 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken and Rice
"Add lemon juice and spice up the chicken and rice mixture with seasoning blends like dill or Italian or Greek."
"Had no taste - very bland!!!!!"
"We make this recipe on a regular basis at our house. We chunk the chicken before cooking so when it's time to eat, we don't have to go around cutting the kids' meat. An easy, inexpensive, tasty meal that keeps our family of 7 coming back for more."