Chicken and Asian Slaw
Sesame ginger salad dressing adds refreshing flavor to this pairing of broiled chicken and an exotic homemade coleslaw. “This meal is always a hit, and it goes together so quickly.”
—Melissa Jelinek, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups sliced bok choy
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sesame ginger salad dressing, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, bok choy, cabbage and 1/3 cup
- dressing; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- Brush chicken with remaining dressing; transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in.
- x 1-in baking pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each
- side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Divide slaw among four bowls. Slice chicken; arrange over slaw. Serve
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 302 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.