Chicken and Asian Slaw
Sesame ginger salad dressing adds refreshing flavor to this pairing of broiled chicken and an exotic homemade coleslaw. “This meal is always a hit, and it goes together so quickly.”
—Melissa Jelinek, Apple Valley, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups sliced bok choy
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sesame ginger salad dressing, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, bok choy,
- cabbage and 1/3 cup salad dressing; toss to coat.
- Place chicken in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Brush both sides of
- chicken with remaining salad dressing. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 4-5
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Divide slaw among four bowls. Slice chicken; arrange over slaw. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 302 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot