This meal is always a hit, and it goes together so quickly. Sesame ginger salad dressing adds refreshing flavor to this pairing of broiled chicken and an exotic homemade coleslaw. —Melissa Jelinek, Apple Valley, Minnesota
Featured In: Our Favorite Cabbage Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups sliced bok choy
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sesame ginger salad dressing, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, bok choy, cabbage and 1/3 cup salad dressing; toss to coat.
- Place chicken in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Brush both sides of chicken with remaining salad dressing. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Divide slaw among four bowls. Slice chicken; arrange over slaw. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Asian Slaw in Taste of Home December/January 2011, p38