Chewy Brownies Recipe
"Corn syrup helps keep these brownies moist and fudgy," assures Sheila Wood of Macksville, Kansas.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder. Combine oil, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Fold in nuts if desired. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar while warm if desired. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 129 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC