- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder. Combine oil, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Fold in nuts if desired. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar while warm if desired. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forChewy Brownies
"I've made these a thousand times my family and Friends always asking me to make them I'm given 6 stars"
"The chewiness of these brownies is excellent, but.....where's the chocolate flavor??!! I was wondering when I made them if one third cup of cocoa would make them chocolaty enough, but I went ahead and made the recipe as written. Also, I thought one and a half teaspoons of salt seemed a little excessive, and when I first tasted the finished product, I could taste more salt than I wanted to. I may experiment with the recipe to see if I can improve it to suit our tastes, because the texture of them is so good. We ate scoops of vanilla ice cream on the brownies, and drizzled on chocolate syrup, and that helped. A pretty good recipe, but needs some tweaking."