Cherry Waldorf Salad Recipe
- 2 large apples (about 1 pound), chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large salad bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add the celery, cherries, cranberries and almonds.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, honey and salt until well blended. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 0 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.
Reviews for Cherry Waldorf Salad
"I made this for Christmas dinner. Used frozen cherries from our cherry tree. Anticipated it to be too sour, but it wasn't. Everyone had seconds. I omitted the celery and nuts."
"The price of cherries made me opt for cherry-flavored Craisins and they were excellent. (And I am not much of a raisin fan!) Walnuts and pecans both work well with this recipe."
"I served this salad on Christmas with champagne baked ham (also from this site), and it was perfect. I couldn't find the cherries, so we used extra cranberries. The dressing was really good, and I liked the toasted almonds with it. I used red delicious and granny smith apples."