Cherry Waldorf Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large apples (about 1 pound), cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. For dressing, whisk together first four ingredients. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add celery, cherries, cranberries and almonds. Toss with dressing.
- 2. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 181 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Waldorf Salad
"The price of cherries made me opt for cherry-flavored Craisins and they were excellent. (And I am not much of a raisin fan!) Walnuts and pecans both work well with this recipe."