- For cake, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and
- salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine
- crumbs. In a small bowl, beat the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Add
- to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spread a little more than half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking pan Spread cooled filling over batter. Drop remaining
- batter by teaspoonfuls onto filling.
- For topping, combine sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture
- forms coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for
- 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 406 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.