Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert Recipe
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 12 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Divide among eight dessert dishes, about 4 rounded teaspoonfuls in each.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add milk until blended. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Spoon 1/4 cup into each dish. Top with pie filling, about 1/4 cup in each. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 418 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert
"Many years ago there was a very similar recipe on the label of the store bought graham cracker crust pie shell. Delish! Too sweet for my groups personal taste so I played with the recipe by using more cream cheese and half the sweetened condensed milk. My group loves citrus, so we have mixed it up using lime or orange, including zest. Also great with fresh fruit on top. A great base recipe to personalize to suit your liking."
"What if I wanted to make in a single dish instead of individual dessert dishes. What size pan would it take, do you think?"
"This tastes like cheesecake and I think it is delicious! It is so easy to put together. I was concerned about the amount of lemon juice in the recipe, thinking it was too much. I followed the recipe amount and it turned out great. I was out of canned cherry pie filling so I used thawed frozen strawberries with some sugar added instead"
"One of our favorite dessert recipes...easy to make, delicious to eat and appeals to almost everyone! Could jazz it up with maybe a little lemon zest in the filling, or as another reviewer mentioned switching up the fruit type on top. Overall it's a great basic recipe though. :)"
"This was so easy and delicious, even my picky husband loved it!"
"Definantly will make this again!! Was easy but taste like you spent time making it. Great dessert to impress your guest! This one is a keeper!! yummmyyy!!"
"Made this for company and it was an all around hit. Easy and delicious!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.