Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert
Pretty layers of graham cracker crumbs, creamy filling and fruit topping make this dessert a standout! For a nice change, you can substitute blueberry pie filling or another fruit flavor for the cherry filling called for in the recipe.
-Melody Mellinger, Myerstown, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 12 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Divide among
- eight dessert dishes, about 4 rounded teaspoonfuls in each.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add milk
- until blended. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Spoon 1/4 cup into
- each dish. Top with pie filling, about 1/4 cup in each. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 418 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.