- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 12 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Divide among eight dessert dishes, about 4 rounded teaspoonfuls in each.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add milk until blended. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Spoon 1/4 cup into each dish. Top with pie filling, about 1/4 cup in each. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCherry Cream Cheese Dessert
"I have made this dessert for 30 years using Philadelphia Orig Cream Cheese and Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk; it is a family favorite. However, recently have found the mixture not to jell or become solid enough to cut. Any suggestions what has happened? I am encouraged to ask TOH readers because friends have similar experience and we cannot solve."
"The recipe does not say how long to chill the dessert before serving. I followed the ingredients carefully, but it seems a bit thin also a little too sweet. Next time I will try it with less of the condensed milk or more cream cheese. I hope it thickens after chilling or I will be going to the grocery store to purchase a dessert for my potluck tonight!"
"I have been making this recipe in pie form for years and years. When my nieces and nephews were young, they asked for this instead of birthday cake. Making it in individual servings is a great idea. It is a wonderful dessert and is very versatile regarding the topping. The fact that it is so incredibly easy makes it almost irresistible!"
"Recipes for Taste Of Home don't have to be "original". Some cooks are new and have not been making this recipe for 50 years. This was delicious and light, versatile dessert and a "keeper"!"
"This is an excellent recipe, but my mom was making this in a pie 50 years ago...the only thing different is its split into single servings...not really original."
"Cherry Delight in single servings............ "delightful""
"Many years ago there was a very similar recipe on the label of the store bought graham cracker crust pie shell. Delish! Too sweet for my groups personal taste so I played with the recipe by using more cream cheese and half the sweetened condensed milk. My group loves citrus, so we have mixed it up using lime or orange, including zest. Also great with fresh fruit on top. A great base recipe to personalize to suit your liking."
"What if I wanted to make in a single dish instead of individual dessert dishes. What size pan would it take, do you think?"