This dessert is simple to make but looks so beautiful on the buffet. I appreciate easy recipes like this that have impressive results. Since it makes two pans, everyone can save room for a creamy, fruity piece or two.
-Marilyn Hillam, Brigham City, Utah
24-30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour into two
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake at 350° for 20
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy; fold in the
- whipped cream. Spread over each cake. Top with pie filling. Chill 4
- hours or overnight. Yield: 24-30 servings.