Cherry-Cheese Cake Recipe
This dessert is simple to make but looks so beautiful on the buffet. I appreciate easy recipes like this that have impressive results. Since it makes two pans, everyone can save room for a creamy, fruity piece or two. -Marilyn Hillam, Brigham City, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:24-30 servings
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy; fold in the whipped cream. Spread over each cake. Top with pie filling. Chill 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 24-30 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC