Cherry-Blackberry Crisp Recipe
I've used mulberries instead of blackberries in this old family recipe. Whichever you choose, it's a mouthwatering treat. —Wanda Allensworth, Webster City, Iowa
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened blackberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- Dash salt
- 2/3 cup cold butter
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, tapioca, extract and cinnamon. Gently stir in cherries and blackberries. Allow to stand for 10 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Add walnuts; sprinkle over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm with whipped cream. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece (calculated without whipped cream) equals 371 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry-Blackberry Crisp
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC