- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened blackberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- Dash salt
- 2/3 cup cold butter
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, tapioca, extract and cinnamon. Gently stir in cherries and blackberries. Allow to stand for 10 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Add walnuts; sprinkle over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm with whipped cream. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forCherry-Blackberry Crisp
"I so agree with thomsmom about nitpickers rating recipe. If you make the recipe and don't like it then rated it as such but please stop harping on the ingredients and contents. Adjust the recipe to meet your diet requirements."
"Great dish! Sorry that the food nitpickers can't understand that most people are NOT diabetic, or pre-diabetic . It would be better if they, instead, suggested how to make it diabetic friendly."
"Berries of any kind of are favorite fruit and this was quite good. The topping is a nice touch to the flavor combination. And something about using the brown sugar and almond extract was flavorful"