Cherry Berry Pie Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted tart red cherries
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen red raspberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. Drain cherries and raspberries; reserve 1-1/4 cups juice and set fruit aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture begins to boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in butter, extract and food coloring. Gently fold in fruit. Cool slightly. Pour filling into pie crust and top with a lattice crust. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 421 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Berry Pie
"This was very good. I did add more berries."
"This pie was very tasty. The filling was a little runny, but my family are not picky eaters so they enjoyed it very much."