Cherry Berry Pie
Cherries and raspberries are plentiful here in Upper Peninsula. This recipe has been in my family many years. I won first place with it in a contest.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted tart red cherries
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen red raspberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Drain cherries and raspberries; reserve 1-1/4 cups juice and set
- fruit aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually
- stir in juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture
- begins to boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the
- heat; stir in butter, extract and food coloring. Gently fold in
- fruit. Cool slightly. Pour filling into pie crust and top with a
- lattice crust. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 421 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.