Cherries and raspberries are plentiful here in Upper Peninsula. This recipe has been in my family many years. I won first place with it in a contest.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted tart red cherries
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen red raspberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Drain cherries and raspberries; reserve 1-1/4 cups juice and set fruit aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture begins to boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in butter, extract and food coloring. Gently fold in fruit. Cool slightly. Pour filling into pie crust and top with a lattice crust. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Berry Pie in Country August/September 1991, p47
Reviews forCherry Berry Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2013
"This was very good. I did add more berries."
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2010
"This pie was very tasty. The filling was a little runny, but my family are not picky eaters so they enjoyed it very much."