Cheesy Potato Beef Bake Recipe
"I created this layered meat-and-potatoes casserole a few years ago when my mother asked me what I wanted for supper," shares Nicole Rute. "My family thinks it tastes great," adds the 15-year-old Fall River, Wisconsin cook.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained, optional
- 2 packages (5-1/4 ounces each) au gratin potatoes
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with mushrooms.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the potatoes and contents of sauce mix packets, water, milk, butter, salt, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour over beef and mushrooms. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 243 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 908 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC