Cheesy Onion Casserole Recipe
- 3 large sweet white onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- Pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 8 slices French bread, buttered on both sides
- 1. In a skillet, saute onions in butter until transparent and slightly browned. Layer onions, two-thirds of the cheese and the pepper in a 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the soup, milk and soy sauce until blended; heat through. Pour over casserole and stir gently. Top with bread slices.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Press bread slices down under sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 370 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 828mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein
Reviews for Cheesy Onion Casserole
"These are awesome."
"Very good, however I used mozzarella in place of swiss."
"This is really cheesy and filling. We ate all the bread off it the night I served it. I topped baked potatoes with the leftovers. Excellent!"