Cheesy Bagel Bites
Here's a simple recipe that adds zippy flavor to everyday bagels. Beck Ruff of Monona, Iowa recommends this speedy method for filling up a snack tray in a nutritious way...and emptying it even quicker!
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 whole wheat bagels, split and toasted
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, mustard, onions
- and garlic powder. Spread over bagels.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes
- or until golden brown and bubbly. Cut each bagel half into six
- pieces. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 pieces) equals 105 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.