Here's a simple recipe that adds zippy flavor to everyday bagels. Beck Ruff of Monona, Iowa recommends this speedy method for filling up a snack tray in a nutritious way...and emptying it even quicker!
Recommended: 23 Things to Make with Leftover Corned Beef
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 whole wheat bagels, split and toasted
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, mustard, onions and garlic powder. Spread over bagels. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Cut each bagel half into six pieces. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Bagel Bites in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p63