Cheeseburger Mini Muffins Recipe
I invented these cute little muffins so I could enjoy the flavor of cheeseburgers without resorting to fast food. I often freeze a batch and reheat however many I need. They're also great as appetizers. —Teresa Kraus, Cortez, Colorado
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the ketchup, milk, butter, eggs and mustard; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the beef mixture and cheese.
- 3. Fill greased miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 121 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC