- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the ketchup, milk, butter, eggs and mustard; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the beef mixture and cheese.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews forCheeseburger Mini Muffins
"Not as good as I expected. These were more like ketchup muffins than cheeseburger muffins. Not a do over for our family."
"Hi - I just found this recipe and plan on making it tomorrow, but I only have the regular size in muffin tins. I think that filling them 1/2 full, and baking at 350 for 45 minutes would be about right, but I'm not sure. any input would be appreciated. Please disregard this post, as I reread the recipe, I discovered my answer."
"This recipe went directly in the trash. It is so bland and dense. What a waste of time and food!"
"I had to have something to bring to a Cub scout potluck supper. The boys & their parents couldn't get enough of them. Everyone asked me for the recipe. They are great for school lunches as well."
"I made the recipe as called for but my husband does'nt like cheese so I left it out. I thought they were delicious. I also made regular size cupcake. Next time I will add more ground beef."
"I made these exactly as written. When I finished filling the 48th mini muffin using a small scoop, I added a tablespoon or more of sriracha to the mix and filled about 9 regular sized muffins. The mini muffins were good, but the regular size ones that I added the sriracha to were awesome. I'm going to put them in the freezer and pull them out for the Super Bowl. DH said they tasted like cheeseburgers. I can see why others might add more beef, but I thought they were just fine as written for an appetizer."
"Family loved this - easy to make. I have 2 growing boys, so added 1 pound of meat instead of 1/2 to fill them up."
"I made these according to the ingredients listed and have to say, as printed, these are tasteless, boring, and definitely don't taste like a cheeseburger in a muffin. This is a great idea but needs an ingredient overhaul."
"To CREAMERS, 2 cups IS 16 ounces of LIQUID. For most shredded cheeses, it's 8 ounces. See all that AIR in the measuring cup between the pieces? Yeah, that's what makes it measure as 8 ounces."