Cheeseburger Chowder Recipe
After tasting a wonderful chowder at a restaurant, I dressed up can of cheese soup to see if I could capture the same flavors. I then took things a step further by adding chilies and Southwestern spices, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. —Lori Risdal Sioux City, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Coarsely crushed corn chips, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and chopped green onions, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, milk, potatoes, chilies, taco seasoning, onion and chili powder until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with corn chips, cheese and green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 242 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 998 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC