- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Coarsely crushed corn chips, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and chopped green onions, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, milk, potatoes, chilies, taco seasoning, onion and chili powder until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with corn chips, cheese and green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCheeseburger Chowder
"I made this for lunch today since I had some leftover taco meat, and it was very tasty! I used the cubed hash browns because that is what I had and I also took one of the reviewers suggestion and added some salsa for added flavor. It was a great way to use my leftover taco meat. I will make this again."
"Eh, kinda tasted like Hamburger Helper soup...."
"I made this the other night, hubby & I really enjoyed it. I served it will Frito Corn Chip Scoops. I will try using spicy sausage as Mandeegirl suggested next time."
"Made this last night for me and hubby. Next time we will tweask it to our tastes by: using browned cubed hasbrowns for better texture. We did add in Frito's, Taco Bell jarred taco sauce, and sour cream. This is definitely a keeper as it doesn't take very long to make."
"made this for the family but didn't have chopped chilies, so I subbed in salsa and it was incredible! Will definitely make this again!"
"I made this last night for my husband and young daughter. We loved it. I made it according to the receipe above. We discussed the flavors and decided that we would like it better if we used Spicy breakfast sausage instead of ground beef for a more savory flavor. Maybe adding a few dashes of hot sauce for some kick too. We also discussed perhaps adding some yellow sweet corn. I think I will make it again with these changes to see how it turns out. All in all, all three loved it."