Cheese-Swirl Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar and vanilla; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and remaining eggs. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Drop half of the cream cheese mixture by tablespoonfuls over the batter. Repeat layers. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the cream cheese mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350&Deg; for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (cake may crack). Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a blender, cover and process strawberries until pureed. Serve with cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 391 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Cheese-Swirl Chocolate Cake
"Ditto to person above. I, too, made this and lost it. Can't wait to make, yum!!!!"
"Thanks ... have looked for this recipe for years. Used to make it all the time when kids were small and lost it somewhere. They loved it then and hope I can surprise them by making it again now that they are parents. Thanks!!!"