Cheese-Swirl Chocolate Cake Recipe
"I recently made this moist chocolate cake for my sister and her husband," shares Jennifer Bangerter of Warrensburg, Missouri. "I've never seen cake disappear so quickly! It's great with or without the pretty strawberry sauce."
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar and vanilla; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and remaining eggs. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Drop half of the cream cheese mixture by tablespoonfuls over the batter. Repeat layers. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the cream cheese mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350&Deg; for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (cake may crack). Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a blender, cover and process strawberries until pureed. Serve with cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 391 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Cheese-Swirl Chocolate Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC