- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar and vanilla; mix well. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, water, oil and remaining eggs. Beat on low speed until moistened; beat on high for 2 minutes. Pour half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Drop half of the cream cheese mixture by tablespoonfuls over the batter. Repeat layers. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the cream cheese mixture. Bake at 350&Deg; for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (cake may crack). Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, process strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth. Serve over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCheese-Swirl Chocolate Cake
"Ditto to person above. I, too, made this and lost it. Can't wait to make, yum!!!!"
"Thanks ... have looked for this recipe for years. Used to make it all the time when kids were small and lost it somewhere. They loved it then and hope I can surprise them by making it again now that they are parents. Thanks!!!"