Cheese-Stuffed Meatball Sliders Recipe
Perfect for tailgating, you can make the meatballs and sauce for these sliders ahead of time and heat them up at home on game day. Put 'em on rolls in the parking lot. —Hilary Breinholt, Glenwood, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 16 cubes part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (8.1 ounces) prepared pesto
- 16 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- 1. Divide sausage into 16 portions. Shape each portion around a cube of cheese. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine spaghetti sauce and pesto; bring just to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add meatballs; heat through, stirring gently. Serve on rolls. Yield: 16 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC