- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 16 cubes part-skim mozzarella cheese (1-inch; about 8 ounces total)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (8.1 ounces) prepared pesto
- 16 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- Divide sausage into 16 portions. Shape each portion around a cube of cheese. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine spaghetti sauce and pesto; bring just to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add meatballs; heat through, stirring gently. Serve on rolls. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forCheese-Stuffed Meatball Sliders
"Made these for the game today. It was nice I could make them the day before and just reheat and serve."
"Luv for meatballs never ends! I was actually searching for this recipe since a long time... but this preparation method looks easy and simple.. I recently ordered meatballs from an online site for my house warming party which looked almost same as this! Here's the link to it, https://www.appetizersusa.com/italian-meatball-parmesan-skewer_8_109_26223.html. Will try this recipe and will share my views on it! Thanks :)"
"My husband LOVES this recipe! He requests it frequently!"