Cheese-Filled Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread sour cream to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- 2. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling away foil while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 486 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 194mg cholesterol, 988mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, trace fiber), 32g protein
Reviews for Cheese-Filled Meat Loaf
"Very good and different meatloaf. I made this for a family dinner and everyone liked it."
"Best Meat Loaf"
"You just cant go wrong with olives, cheese, and sour cream!"
"My husband asks for this delicious meatloaf again and again!"
"This is the best meal loaf ever! I don't always have the olives on hand so I just leave them out and it's still amazingly delicious! One of our families favorites!"
"This meatloaf was very moist and smelled delicious within minutes of starting to bake. The one change I would make would be to chop the olives finer. Slices leave you with a large chunk of olive to chew in some bites."
"My husband loves this recipe. Can you tell me if there is a trick to keeping the sour cream from coming out thru the top of the loaf?"
"This was a little different, but very good. Will make this once in a great while as i prefer my recipe with tomato soup & ketchup baked on top."
"We make this often... the flavors are funky, but yummy. (If you like the briney taste of olives..if not) I can see that this isnt for everybody."
"Just didn't like the flavors and threw out the leftovers."
"We loved the olives and cheese stuffed inside this meatloaf. Our (previous) favorite meatloaf has a sauce poured over for the last 15 minutes of baking. I decided it wouldn't be meatloaf at our house if it didn't have 'our' sauce. Combine 1/4 cup ketsup, 1 tsp. mustard, 1 tsp. vinegar and 2 Tbsp. brown sugar. I can't believe I'm changing my meatloaf recipe after 29 years, but I am. Yes, it's that GOOD!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.