Cheese-Filled Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread sour cream to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- 2. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling away foil while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 486 calories, 30 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 194 mg cholesterol, 988 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.