Cheddar Rice Casserole Recipe
With its blend of garlic, parsley and cheese, this casserole makes a savory side dish. "It's one of my favorite ways to serve rice," comments Nancy Baylor of Holiday Island, Arkansas.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 290 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC