"This cheesy blend, sparked with mustard and Worcestershire sauce, is yummy," relates field editor Norene Wright of Manilla, Indiana.
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Bread cubes, ham cubes, Johnsonville® Original Summer Sausage and or broccoli florets
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt if desired,
- mustard, pepper and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Gradually add
- milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese; cook and stir until cheese
- is melted.
- Transfer to a fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve
- with bread, ham, sausage and/or broccoli. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons fondue (calculated without dippers) equals 77 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.