Cheddar Fondue Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Bread cubes, ham cubes, bite-size sausage and or broccoli florets
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt if desired, mustard, pepper and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- 2. Transfer to a fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with bread, ham, sausage and/or broccoli. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 77 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Cheddar Fondue
"This is the first recipe we made in our new electric fondue pot. We bought a high quality cheese and bread for dipping. Wonderful!"
"It was a little bland for me. I think I will try a different recipe..."
"Good recipe, not amazing though. Was too thick - I had to thin it quite a bit with milk. Wouldn't say it was 20 servings, would need quite a bit more than that if you even had 6 people!"
"not stringy, not greasy. very tasty!!"