Cauliflower Ham Chowder Recipe
Soup is always good for warming the tummy and the heart, and this is one of our family's favorites. With a busy household, it's a simple but nutritious meal to have on hand!
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 2-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 to 1 cup instant potato flakes
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the potatoes, cauliflower and onion in chicken broth until tender. Stir in milk, ham, salt, pepper and nutmeg; heat through. Stir in potato flakes; simmer for 5-10 minutes or until soup is as thick as desired. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 188 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 1,034 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC