- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 2-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 to 1 cup instant potato flakes
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, cook the potatoes, cauliflower and onion in chicken broth until tender. Stir in milk, ham, salt, pepper and nutmeg; heat through. Stir in potato flakes; simmer for 5-10 minutes or until soup is as thick as desired. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forCauliflower Ham Chowder
"This chowder is great! I discovered this recipe about a month ago and have already made it three times. I did leave out the nutmeg. I wasn't sure we would like the nutmeg in it. My husband said that it has definitely become one of his favorites."