Cashew Chicken with Ginger Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, stir-fry the mushrooms, green pepper, onions and ginger in remaining oil until green pepper is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken, water chestnuts and cashews; heat through.
- 3. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 362 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 689mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein
Reviews for Cashew Chicken with Ginger
"The subtle ginger flavor in this dish is just perfect with the blend of chicken, veggies and cashews. Definitely a keeper!"
"Incredibly good! The only thing I would change is to make a bit more of the sauce, especially if serving it over rice. Delicious!"
"My Family loves this recipe, they are very picky eaters, but still enjoy the flavore :)"
"My family prefers spicy food; this recipe was too bland for our taste."
"This was very good. I would have liked the sauce to be a bit sweeter, and would recommend adding the green onions at the end, rather than cooking them for 5 minutes."
"Loved this recipe! I left the green peppers out and added 3 stalks of celery that I sauteed along with the other vegetables, only about 5 minutes. I also stir-fried the chicken in some additional soy sauce, which gave the chicken a wonderful flavor. Definitely a keeper!"
"This is FANTASTIC!!!! My whole family loved it :o)"
"My boyfriend and I both LOVE chineese food. We order at least once a week. tHIS WAS SCRUMPCIOUS! We are not big on mushrooms, so we replaced them with more green peppers! YUMMY! deff. a main stay dish at our house"
"Thanks for posting. Sounds good. My Dh likes cashew chicken. We goto a Chinese resturant here in town that has it.Angie"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer