Cashew Chicken with Ginger Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, stir-fry the mushrooms, green pepper, onions and ginger in remaining oil until green pepper is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken, water chestnuts and cashews; heat through.
- 3. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 362 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 689 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Cashew Chicken with Ginger
"The subtle ginger flavor in this dish is just perfect with the blend of chicken, veggies and cashews. Definitely a keeper!"
"Incredibly good! The only thing I would change is to make a bit more of the sauce, especially if serving it over rice. Delicious!"
"My Family loves this recipe, they are very picky eaters, but still enjoy the flavore :)"
"My family prefers spicy food; this recipe was too bland for our taste."
"This was very good. I would have liked the sauce to be a bit sweeter, and would recommend adding the green onions at the end, rather than cooking them for 5 minutes."
"Loved this recipe! I left the green peppers out and added 3 stalks of celery that I sauteed along with the other vegetables, only about 5 minutes. I also stir-fried the chicken in some additional soy sauce, which gave the chicken a wonderful flavor. Definitely a keeper!"
"This is FANTASTIC!!!! My whole family loved it :o)"
"My boyfriend and I both LOVE chineese food. We order at least once a week. tHIS WAS SCRUMPCIOUS! We are not big on mushrooms, so we replaced them with more green peppers! YUMMY! deff. a main stay dish at our house"
"Thanks for posting. Sounds good. My Dh likes cashew chicken. We goto a Chinese resturant here in town that has it.Angie"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer