Cashew Chicken with Ginger Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Mix first four ingredients until smooth. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry chicken until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- 2. In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry mushrooms, pepper, water chestnuts and ginger until pepper is crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir broth mixture and add to pan with green onions; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- 3. Stir in chicken and cashews; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup chicken mixture: 349 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Cashew Chicken with Ginger
"The subtle ginger flavor in this dish is just perfect with the blend of chicken, veggies and cashews. Definitely a keeper!"
"Incredibly good! The only thing I would change is to make a bit more of the sauce, especially if serving it over rice. Delicious!"
"My Family loves this recipe, they are very picky eaters, but still enjoy the flavore :)"
"My family prefers spicy food; this recipe was too bland for our taste."
"This was very good. I would have liked the sauce to be a bit sweeter, and would recommend adding the green onions at the end, rather than cooking them for 5 minutes."
"This is FANTASTIC!!!! My whole family loved it :o)"
"My boyfriend and I both LOVE chineese food. We order at least once a week. tHIS WAS SCRUMPCIOUS! We are not big on mushrooms, so we replaced them with more green peppers! YUMMY! deff. a main stay dish at our house"
"Thanks for posting. Sounds good. My Dh likes cashew chicken. We goto a Chinese resturant here in town that has it.Angie"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer