Cashew Chicken with Ginger Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, stir-fry the mushrooms, green pepper, onions and ginger in remaining oil until green pepper is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken, water chestnuts and cashews; heat through.
- 3. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 362 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 689 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Cashew Chicken with Ginger
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer