Carrots with Sugar Snap Peas
With a mild hint of cumin, these veggies from Linda Foreman of Locust Grove, Oklahoma can go with just about any dish. And because they're so colorful, they'll perk up any plate!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots, thawed and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted or 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large skillet, saute carrots in butter for 2 minutes. Add the
- broth, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 2-5 minutes or
- until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Add peas and cumin. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until peas
- are crisp-tender. Yield: 4 servings.