Carrot-Shaped Cheese Spread
Cultivate compliments with this quick cracker spread coated with crushed tortilla chips. Taco seasoning, green onions and ripe olives dress up the thick mixture of cream cheese and cheddar.
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 5 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup finely crushed nacho tortilla chips
- Celery leaves
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and cheddar cheese until blended.
- stir in the olives, onions, pimientos and taco seasoning. On a
- serving plate, shape mixture into a carrot shape; press crushed
- nacho chips onto entire surface. Place celery leaves at top of
- carrot. Serve with crackers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.