- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 5 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup finely crushed nacho tortilla chips
- Celery leaves
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and cheddar cheese until blended. stir in the olives, onions, pimientos and taco seasoning. On a serving plate, shape mixture into a carrot shape; press crushed nacho chips onto entire surface. Place celery leaves at top of carrot. Serve with crackers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forCarrot-Shaped Cheese Spread
"Winner , Winner. Every base is covered with this recipe. From start to finish it deserves the 5 star rating. Only thing I used was Scoops instead of the tortilla chips as that is what I had on hand. I used some plastic wrap as a guide for shaping the carrot and what a nice finishing touch the celery top added. Fantastic taste and presentation. I served ours with Triscuits original crackers. Very good job on this one.Janie"
"The carrot shape is just adorable - quite a conversation piece - and it was DELICIOUS! It makes a big carrot so it feeds a crowd. And the best part? Very simple to make. I mixed everything but the crushed chips the day before Easter, and shaped the carrot and rolled it in the crumbs about 4 hours before serving. I received many compliments. It looked just like the picture. Perfect for Easter, and to welcome Spring."