Carrot Brown Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and carrots in butter until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- 2. Stir in the stock, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 231 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 551 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Brown Rice Pilaf
"Very tasty. I found that 2.5 cups of water was too much."
"Good side dish!"
"I added some dried cranberries, 1 cup of peas, and some almonds (for crunch). My family truly loved it and cleaned it up. I learned that it needs to cook longer for brown rice, made my own veg. broth, otherwise, recipe was excellent. Mary"