Cardamom Carrots Recipe
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 2-inch julienned strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water, carrots and salt to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. In a large skillet, combine the butter, brown sugar, cardamom and orange peel. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Add carrots; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 126 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Cardamom Carrots
"I loved the recipe, others say it's too sweet. I wouldn't change a thing."